It’s been a tough day, mom. From your child’s unreasonable tantrums to the unending household errands that need to be accomplished before the day ends, to the unexpected life circumstances that affect your family, you feel completely exhausted and weary.
I am a mom like you and I know how you feel. Thankfully, we don’t have to go on this mothering journey alone. God promised to be with us, always. The Bible is full of God’s promises to carry us through when we need help. It’s the ultimate source of truth and God is faithful to fulfill all His promises.
When times get tough and overwhelming, every mom needs an encouragement to give us the will to carry on. And nothing’s more important and more uplifting than leaning to the encouraging Bible verses that brings joy, hope, and spiritual strength to get through the tough mothering days.
And because I am a mom like you, I want to share with you a real encouragement that is based on God’s Word. Lean on these encouraging Bible verses for mothers that brings joy and restoration. As you read these Bible verses, claim them over your life and your mothering journey. Pray for them and speak them out loud and you will be able to see how God loves you and wants to move in your life for His glory.
I encourage you to download a copy of the free printable cards of these Bible verses to stick on your fridge, on your car dashboard, and in your wallet! It’s a good way to remember God’s promises in your day to day mothering.
20 Encouraging Bible Verses for Mothers
God wants you to know that you are His child and He chose you. Be encouraged that His love for His children never ceases, not even temporarily. And because He loves you, he wants you and your family to be saved. Have faith in Him.
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. – Psalm 139:13-14
- No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:37-39
- They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” – Acts 16:31
- He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. – Isaiah 40:11
God wants you to know that He is actively making things work out for you and for the good of your family. Abide, depend, have faith in Him. Rest and let Him take over.
- He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”– Psalm 46:10
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.– Romans 8:28
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.– Jeremiah 29:11-13
God wants you to know that He is not powerless or ignorant, nor does He take pleasure in your suffering. Rather, He promises to carry believers through the storms of life, and He directs everything to serve His good purposes. Be encouraged to know that all your efforts and sacrifices for your children and for your husband are not in vain.
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.– 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.– Isaiah 40:28-31
- Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.– Galatians 6:9
God wants you to know that He is a caring Father. He cares about you and your family, your health, all your needs. He cares for all big and even all the little things in your life.
- And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.- Philippians 4:19
- May you live to see your children’s children— peace be on Israel. Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him. May the Lord bless you from Zion; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem all the days of your life. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.– Psalm 128:6,1-2,5
- For this is what the Lord says: “I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; you will nurse and be carried on her arm and dandled on her knees. As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.” – Isaiah 66:12-13
God doesn’t want you to worry. He is always with you. You may not see Him physically, but He promises that He will never leave you. He will never abandon you. And in whatever circumstance you and your family are in, He will always go before you to guide and protect you.
- For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. – Isaiah 41:13
- But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.– Isaiah 43:1-2
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.– Psalm 28:7
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength.– Philippians 4:13
God wants you to know that He wants to fill your heart with peace and assurance that He hears your prayers and He cares.
- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. – Psalm 55:22
- Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.– Philippians 4:4-7
- Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.– Philippians 4:8-9
Soak in the Truth of these verses. My fellow mom, your work is important and what you’re doing right now… wiping away those tears, encouraging your kids, packing lunch bags, teaching phonetics, cleaning all the mess –it ALL matters. Take heart, God Himself is with you in this calling of motherhood.
Subscribe now and get the 20 Encouraging Bible Verses for Mothers (Printable Cards). It’s a good way to remember God’s promises in your day to day mothering.
Do you have other Bible verses for mothers that you would like to include in this list? Please feel free to comment below.
I agree that the above verses apply not only to moms but to everyone who needs real encouragement based on God’s Word.
Sharing is caring! If you’ve enjoyed this post, I’d love it if you’d share with your friends so more women can be encouraged in their walks with Jesus. Thanks!